Mother's wisdom "Try something new every week"
Today,it was time.
I took a small step in conquering my almost- emphasize, almost - paralyzing fear of mice and rats. I actually don't find it funny at all the number of cartoons that have mice in them as cutesy characters. The thought of them makes my skin crawl and I almost feel one climbing over me....urgh....gross...anyway, hubby set the trap a few days ago....and today...instead of waiting for him to empty it...I thought....you know....I can do this...."it's dead, it's dead" she says, gagging all the way outside....thank God it was rubbish day - I threw it in the bin and ran....
Hmmph, I do feel a lot better. What is to be afraid of anyway?? ummm...well....arrrghhhhh!
As for cleaning the trap...well, we couldn't go too far in one day could we? :P
3 comments:
It's amazing what you CAN do when there is no-one else to do it for us - no mother to look after us and we are facing the battle line on our own! Even if the battle is a little cute mouse-hee hee! It's cockroaches that do my head in. I still remember Gran jumping up onto a stool in her laundry and screeching for Grandad at the top of his voice because there was a mouse in there. He came running down the hall with his pants around his ankles because he had been in the loo!!!!!
Well done!! I remember when we were living in the Boarding House lying in bed one night and all of a sudden, L started thrashing his arms around his head saying "something just ran over my head!!!" Yuk! We used to have a few of the little visitors there, normally they would get trapped in behind the oven, die and then smell the place out:-) Visited friends today who were given two mice about 5 weeks ago, from a pet shop. They were assured that they were both males!!!!! Well, the female is pregnant for the SECOND time since living with them and is about to have the second litter........they average about 10 babies at one time. I'm glad I'm not a mouse!!!!
Oh no - that is EXACTLY what I am afraid of - them crawling on me. Mice as pets? I can clearly remember J and I getting given some as kids....and somehow the smelly things ended up in MY room, running all night on that squeaky wheel thing! Can't remember how we got rid of them....maybe that's a good thing?!
Post a Comment