Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hospital

Just been to hospital for Nath's check up. Before I start this, you're quite fortunate to be hearing from me! Our internet has been down all week and I said "Lord, what should I do" without a blink, an answer came straight to me and voila! Here I am!" Was quite an encouragement. So here are the main points.

> Nath is a CHAMPION. Though a few grizzles and kicks and squirms (totally understandable, we had a chat about how annoying the doctors were when they look in your eye with all kinds of things), he was really good and even put his chin up on one of the machines to look at the different coloured lights all by himself with no complaining.
> The optometrist who gets Nath's lenses seems to be a lot more comfortable with kids now which was really cool and alot easier.
> I was able to be really upfront with them about how things are
> His good eye is SO good
> This is the main problem, because his good eye is so good, he stops using his weak eye almost completely.
> Need to perservere and patch his eye lots so that his weak eye can keep growing stronger.


It's hard, I just tried to explain what was happening and had treats afterwards...on the way home he was like "no worries mummy, no worries dad" - he seems to pop out like that exactly when I'm a bit uptight....

Funniest thing I saw today - someone had left a dirty nappy on top of the parking thing (where the poles are)....there were no rubbish bins in the car park....no, didn't have the courage to pick it up.....though wouldn't have made a difference, I was already looking for somwhere to put a pongy one anyway....

No comments: