Monday, March 05, 2007

Me.

We can love people, be kind, patient, generous, loving and compassionate.....but unless we actually share with them the message of salvation through Jesus and the cross, how will they spend eternity?

I can pray with people and encourage them - Dad taught us to do this - I remember going with him to a lady's house and praying that she would be healed from cancer. Would you believe it, she was! Whenever we were sick or troubled Mum and Dad would pray with us....sometimes we'd get better immediately and sometimes it would be the comfort of knowing God was with me....but definately experienced the power and love of God in a real way.....

But now I am being challenged to actually be bold and not only share with them that God loves them but also that He gave his Son's life so that we could live....if they choose to believe this and turn from their sin and give their lives 100% to God....to challenge them to make a decision.....not just be nice and love them "all the way to hell" would be a way of putting it :(

So anyway i decidied to do this the other day and thought, "I'll go down to the beach" and I felt like I should go right to the end....wouldn't you know it but there was a mum down there and got to pray with her and all that, really awesome - she had a baby about the same age as Ben...

"God's desire is that none should perish and that all would come to a knowledge of repentace and live" 1 Peter 3:8

-----------------------------

"Not called! did you say?

"Not heard the call," I think you should say.

Put your ear down to the Bible, and hear Him bid you go and pull sinners out of the fire of sin. Put your ear down to the burdened, agonized heart of humanity, and listen to it's pitiful wail for help.

Go stand by the gates of hell, and hear the damned entreat you to go to their father's house and bid their brothers and sisters and servants and masters not to come there. Then look Christ in
the face -- whose mercy you have professed to obey -- and tell Him whether you will join heart and soul and body and circumstances in the march to publish His mercy to the world.

---General William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army


-----------------------


No comments: